If you’re a fan of the horror punk scene, you definitely know who Glenn Danzig is. Glenn served as the original singer of the Misfits and Samhain before he stated his own band Danzig, but there are still a lot of interesting facts you probably don’t know this legendary horror rock singer.
Test your knowledge here.
1. Prior to joining the Misfits, Glenn was a member of two local bands Talus and Koo-Dot-N-Boo-Jang; he has described the former as “first real band”.
2. He wrote The Misfits’ song “Bullet” as a three verse poem in 1974, three years before the band formed.
3. He is a fan of horror movies and Japanese animation.
4. At label owner Rick Rubin’s request, the band name Samhain was changed to Glenn’s last name (Danzig) to reflect the change in musical direction.
5. According to the December 2007 issue of Revolver Magazine, Glenn is a huge fan of the iconic Swedish pop group ABBA.
6. He has written songs for other musicians, including Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison.
7. Glenn produced the self-titled album by Kinghorse, who opened for Danzig on several shows in 1989.
8. He was a student at Lodi High School, where he graduated in 1973.
9. When he was still in Samhain, Glenn wrote the songs “Twist of Cain” and “Possession”, which would appear on Danzig’s 1988 self-titled debut album.
10. He is the owner of Evilive Records, which has released mostly recordings by the Danzig band and his own solo albums.
Add Danzig to My Radar