As shameful as it is some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
1. There’s a rumor floating around that Greg Hetson has left Bad Religion. Here are some videos of the band performing without him. This has yet to be confirmed, but when it is, we’ll be sitting here laughing at all of you for doubting us. If it’s not confirmed, we’re really sorry and we were probably drunk when we wrote that story anyway.
4. Black Flag released a new single, “Down In The Dirt,” for free download.
5. Here’s a review of Pulley’s performance at Groezrock this year!
6. Jeff Hanneman of Slayer passed away this week at the age of 49.
7. We have no idea what the hell Blake Schwarzenbach is doing. Maybe it’s just a covert Jawbreaker reunion.
8. Andrew Seward is the newest member to part ways with Against Me! after ten years with the band. In related news, if Against Me! ever breaks up, I will kill myself.
9. Austin Carlile of Of Mice and Men was found guilty of misdemeanor assault this week. He was sentenced to never make music ever again.
10. The Flatliners and Make Do And Mend announced a split to be released on Rise Records.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.