As shameful as it is, some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
1. Let’s just get this one out of the way – Ian Watkins, former lead singer of Lostprophets is a filthy fucking pig and pleaded guilty to child sex offenses that were too horrific for the jury to hear. I hope he dies in prison and I hope his victims get every last bit of help they need and deserve. Eat a dick, Ian Watkins.
2. Ron Reyes has left Black Flag because, from what I gather, he was asked to leave?
3. Brody Dalle, AKA my teenage idol, is releasing her new solo album on Caroline International, an imprint of Universal Records.
5. Bella Muerte is a post-hardcore band from Kansas City and they covered a Shiny Toy Guns song.
6. Authority Zero is set to tour with Guttermouth because we have traveled back in time to 2002.
7. Mustard Plug not only have a new song streaming, but have announced a new album due out Jan 14.
8. Green Day will go on a break after their Australian tour because I think they’ve finally realized it’s time to give it up.
9. Jay Bentley talked to Rolling Stone about Bad Religion’s next album. I can think of someone else who needs to take a break. Am I right?
10. Here are some songs off of “From Here to the Nursey,” which is all lullaby versions of Alkaline Trio songs. Good night, punk rock babies.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.v