As shameful as it is, some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome
1. We were kind enough to put together a list of a few must-see punk movies. I would have put Return of the Living Dead at No. 1, but whatever.
2. Warped Tour announced a few more bands to their 2014 line up. I have no idea who any of those bands are, which officially makes me old.
3. New Found Glory announced that longtime guitarist Steve Klein is leaving the band. Which is a total bummer summer because everyone knows that’s how band breakups start.
4. Pussy Riot are set to be freed from Russian prison under an Amnesty agreement. Now you guys have to throw out all of those hip “FREE PUSSY RIOT!” shirts.
5. Here is Dustin’s review of World’s Scariest Police Chases’ NOFX and Out Come The Wolves Dookie.
6. Pinhead Records unleashed the fourth volume of Punk Goes 8-Bit. Enough, you guys. Enough.
7. Station Cases is a new band that plays Hardcore with a whisper of Ska and that’s actually kind of cool.
8. “My Money Is On The Long Shot” is the new video from Less Than Jake and you guys really liked it.
9. Say-10 Records, home to bands like Civil War Rust and The Riot Before, is handing out free downloads of their entire catalog like candy.
10. Dying Scene Records (coolest record label in the world) is letting you download Ellesmere’s new album for free.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.