As shameful as it is, some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome
1. Ken Casey’s got some brains! The Dropkick Murphys’ bass player was appointed to the Boston mayor’s economic development team.
2. Rancid has named their new album, Honor Is All We Know. Damn. I was hoping for And Out Come the (were)Wolves.
3. Here’s a link to the Punk Rock Advent Calendar and it features 25 FREE Christmas songs. Season’s greetings, little punks!
4. Bad Religion let us know why they decided to release an album of Christmas songs.
5. NOFX played The Decline live from beginning to end in Boston and there’s a video of the whole thing.
6. Anti-Flag’s very own Pat Thetic was nice enough to talk to us about a bunch of stuff, but still refuses to disclose how much he spends on bleach for his hair.
7. The Misfits covered “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch,” for their Christmas 7″. CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS!
8. We unearthed some vintage footage of Pennywise with dearly departed Jason Thirsk on lead vocals.
9. This is a really great piano cover of No Use For A Name’s “International You Day.” You should really listen to it, like, now.
10. NOFX’s full set at the INmusic Festival in Croatia is just like all the other NOFX footage you have seen.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.