As shameful as it is, some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
1. The Casualties released a very wordy response to rape allegations against Jorge Herrera. Did you know that a UK study last year found that only .6% of rape allegations turn out to be false? Knowledge is power!
2. Sum 41 are working on a new album AND looking for a new drummer. I hope it sounds like All Killer No Filler. Remember that album? I’m still trying to forget.
3. Rancid posted a photo of themselves in the studio. Sorry, how is this news? I just Instagrammed a photo of my dog. Wanna report on that too?
4. Fearless Records will release the latest installment of those godawful Punk Goes 90s compilations on April 1. Good. I hope this turns out to be a joke.
5. The Mighty Fine are streaming the first single off of their upcoming album.
6. Horror Section released a video for “Killer In The Dark.” Be warned, there’s nudity, so you might want to shut the door to your parents’ guest room.
8. Masked Intruder have finished recording their new album and it’s going to be SO GOOD.
9. Implants covered “Generator” by Bad Religion.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.