As shameful as it is some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
1. Henry Rollins may have retired from making music, but that doesn’t mean he can’t still talk about it incessantly. He recently named his 20 favorite albums for the LA Weekly.
2. DS Writer, Steve Bourdeau had a very pleasant conversation with Lagwagon’s Joey Cape.
3. Trusty staff writer Jay Stone can talk to punk stars too! Here’s his interview with Jason Black.
4. Sweaty hangovers, busted flip flops and droopy mohawks can only mean one thing – Summer is upon us. In order to keep you distracted from the eye-watering heat, we’ve made up a list of ten songs that sizzle.
5. Here’s a video of Propagandhi’s set at Sticky Fingers in Sweden.
6. Against Me! have announced they will be releasing a new 2-song acoustic 7-inch in August.
7. Because we know you have never ever seen a live video of NOFX, we’ve posted their set at Germany’s Hurrican Festival.
8. The Offspring covered Pennywise’s “Bro Hymn” at last year’s Greenfield Festival in Switzerland.
9. Masked Intruder put out the coolest music video in recent history. Do you kids even know what 8-bit is?
10. Ska is still alive and thriving. Don’t believe us? Just listen to this free compilation.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.