As shameful as it is some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
1. The Greek people are famous for a few things – gyros, strappy sandals, architecture and now they can be famous for their awesome Pennywise covers too.
2. The light of my life, Laura Jane Grace announced a solo tour this week. The only problem is that it all takes place on the wrong side of the country. I hate you, east coast.
3. Because we’re a bunch of snot-nosed pyros, we made a convenient list of songs you can listen to while you make shit go boom.
4. Here’s a video of Bad Religion’s full set at Hellfest in Europe.
5. Did you also want to see what NOFX’s set was like at the Southside Festival? Too bad, here it is.
6. Rocket From The Crypt are sort of back together again and played in San Francisco last week. Watch them play “I Was Born In 1969.”
7. The Adolescents put out a new song this week called “Forever Summer.” Which is funny because if summer were forever I would probably kill myself.
8. Richie Ramone is still alive and has his first solo record coming out at some point this year.
9. We celebrated our freedom from those crazy Brits this week. Why not fist pump to these awesome patriotic jams to commemorate our liberation?
10. You can sleep easy tonight because The Used are putting out a new EP. I, on the other hand, will never sleep again.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.