As shameful as it is some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
1. WE’RE HAVING ANOTHER CONTEST! You could win VIP tickets to see The Adicts and a copy of their latest album.
2. Here’s a list of a bunch of dudes who quit the band right before the band got big. I bet they all feel reeeaalllyyyy stupid now.
3. Here’s NOFX playing at the Ljubljana Festival. Try saying “Ljubljana” out loud – it feels like your tongue is drunk.
4. Tim Timebomb and Friends covered “Yellin’ In My Ear,” by Operation Ivy. You guys, it’s kind of like Inception, but with music.
5. The Flatliners played “Drown In Blood” at Pouzza Pelouzza. We have to start coming up with easier festival names.
6. Bad Religion is putting out a Christmas album. I really hope one of the songs goes, “You and me/Have a Christmas Tree/We decorate it/We celebrate it.”
7. Former squatter/Black Flag frontman, Ron Reyes took some time to explain why he left the band and the LA punk scene so long ago.
8. All of those 8-bit covers you were listening to weren’t just fun and games. There’s a new Punk Goes 8-Bit compilation. And it’s FREE.
9. Indie Vision Music just released a free compilation – Punk Never Dies Vol. 2. It’s got 60 songs and a bunch of bands you’ve probably never heard of.
10. Fall Out Boy joined forces with Ryan Adams to record some punk and hardcore-influenced songs. Everybody say it with me, UUUUUGGGGHHHHH.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.