As shameful as it is some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
1. Randy Blythe released a statement on his manslaughter trial and his stance on crowd surfers/stage divers. Personally I’ve hated crowd surfers since some idiot kicked one of my teeth out of my mouth. Don’t be idiots at shows, kids.
2. Here are some fun facts about Brett Gurewitz.
3. Ronnie Radke of Falling in Reverse is being a whiny baby and kicked everyone out of the band and cancelled their tour because they didn’t sell out enough shows. The perfect solution.
4. Here’s a new song from Druglords of the Avenues.
5. Did you know Lagwagon has their own holiday? Neither did I. I also didn’t know Lagwagon was still a band, but whatever.
6. Here’s a free compilation full of folk covers of songs featured on those Epitaph Punk-O-Rama compilations. I still have all of those CDs somewhere in my closet.
7. Tim Timebomb covered Rancid’s “Ruby Soho.” Now, if he would only cover Manic Hispanic’s “Ruby Cholo.”
9. AFI put out a teaser video for a possible new album this fall. Here’s to hoping it sounds like something that came before Black Sails In The Sunset.
10. The Sad Stork doesn’t care about 80s punk. Just like most of you don’t…even though you pretend you do. Don’t lie. We’re all friends here.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.