Band Spotlight

Band Spotlight: Samuel Caldwell’s Revenge

Posted by Johnny X on Monday, June 28, 2010 at 8:40 AM (PST)

Making a name for yourself as a punk band these days is getting harder and harder.  On the one hand, you’ve got to differentiate yourself enough to stand out against the masses and on the other, if you stray too far from the tried and true “punk” sound the elitists won’t waste a minute to burn you.  Fortunately for Samuel Caldwell’s Revenge, this five piece group from Texas has managed to develop a distinct sound without losing their punk rock edge.  Imagine the vocals of Milo from Descendants backed by technical, metal influenced instrumentals a la Strung Out.  Go give their song “Kang Or Kodos” a listen on their MySpace page to see what I’m talking about.  Samuel Caldwell’s Revenge already have one solid full-length release (“The Power To Consume Ourselves”) under their belts and they’ve recently released a split 7″ (“WYLD STALLYNS”).  If we’re lucky we’ll continue to see new music from these guys for years to come.

Add Samuel Caldwell's Revenge to My Radar   Add to My Radar

Facebook Conversations

1. Danielle Leahy6/28/2010 10:25 AM | Permalink

Some of the BEST Punk albums outta Dallas in the last few years!! If you like to SHRED give them a listen!!!!! You can thank me later….

2. jeanannc
    jeanannc6/28/2010 1:13 PM | Permalink

I’ve been keeping “tracks” of SCR a long time as they “Never Give UP” their pursuit of non-conformist integrity and anonymity. They are my favorite brand of brain bashing beltings !

Shaun Colón 6/28/2010 1:19 PM

Thanks Mom HAHAHAH!!

3. Jacque Trahan6/29/2010 12:06 AM | Permalink

oh my goodness. i love you. marry me. and have my babies. they’ll be rockin punk babies, with mohawks and spike bracelets.

4. Joseph Sampsel6/29/2010 6:19 AM | Permalink

Years of commitment, progression and skill development have resulted in a perfectionist’s image of a perfect punk album. An entree for your ear with one part Propagandhi, one part Strung Out, two lumps of Good Riddance, a dash Rise Against and an ounce of dedication. The result is a melodic hardcore feast suitable for any event from a 50th wedding anniversary to a 2yr olds b-day party. If you can’t pick it up, they’ll cater it to you. Eat up chumps.

5. thekodos
    thekodos6/29/2010 11:22 PM | Permalink

These guys are at the forefront of the new-age Punk scene in North Texas. Them, along with a gang of bands, are going to change the way you think of Punk music in the future. They are equal parts Oldschool, Newschool, heart, dedication and fun. If you want to hear some of the most amazing Punk music to hit your ears in a decade, you need look no further than SCR.

6. 7/6/2010 11:20 AM | Permalink

This band kicks so much ass! I have enjoyed every single one of their shows. The guys are also really down to earth people which makes me love this band even more! I hope they stick around and make more music; life would be boring otherwise.