Anyone remember…

Home Forums Bands Anyone remember…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jaystone

Okay, so the goal here is to reminisce about bands that have long since gone the way of the buffalo…and perhaps to figure out what happened to them.

I’ll go first:

Thumper (CT ska-core band)
    Skiptooth (I was given a mixtape in the late 90s that had a song by a band called Skiptooth on it. I believe they were from Riverside, CA. Never heard from them again. Any takers?)

jaystone

How about Jon Cougar Concentration Camp?

I don’t not remember Jon Cougar Concentration Camp. I don’t ever remember them being around, but I totally have heard of them.

Anyone else ever hear of Cenzo? They were either a NY or CT based ska band and I’m pretty sure they were fronted by one of the guys from the Pilfers. I saw them when I was 15 once and really liked them, but then they dropped off my radar completely.

bob9746

yes JCCC they were on BYO ???

The Almighty Trigger Happy ?? canandian band

Weston ??

jaystone

Yeah, JCCC were on BYO. I remember buying their first LP purely for shock value.

Also, pretty sure I saw Weston in the late 90s, though I’m not sure who I saw them with.

And yes, I definitely remember Cenzo. They were started by Vinnie of the Pilfers/Bim Skala Bim, and I know that Mikey from Spring Heeled Jack was in that band as well. Don’t remember them doing anything after maybe 2004. Also, Mikey is now back with Spring Heeled Jack, which I think is super-awesome. Loved, LOVED, those guys.

navysnipejp

A Ska band named Telegraph. I’m pretty sure they were a Chicago based band. Came across theyre cd at a used music store.

Johnny X

I totally had a Weston album. And I only remember The Almighty Trigger Happy because Strung Out used to thank them on their CD thanks to list and I always wondered who they were (this is before the internet).

Did anybody listen to Super Girls? They put out one album in the mid 90s that might be in my top 5 90’s punk albums then they just vanished.

Fyrefli

Thumpers best contribution to music:

The lyrics are genius

jaystone

Hell yeah! Though, I’m partial to “Holy Roller,” but still…hell yeah!

“Means” was the best hardcore band growing up in Canada. They toured all over the place and eventually signed with an American label until the singer fucked up his voice. The guitarist is doing a folk thing called “Northcote” now but I’m not sure about the rest of them. Best shows I’ve ever been to.

Fyrefli

Million Dead. They broke up within a few weeks of me getting into them, so I never got to see them live.

Going to make a huge effort to see Mongol Hoard, just in case they are a fleeting side-project.

Anyone remember Cigar??? They only released one album “Speed is Relative” in 97ish. Saw them a few times at parties and at a San Diego Music Trader once! Awesome guys and awesome album. Sucks they never had another record

bob9746

check here complete discography of CIGAR ….

bob9746

Bob you rule thanks man!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Web Design - WordPress Development - WooCommerce Websites