Female fronted bands

Home Forums Bands Female fronted bands

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bob9746

Name a few bands with a female vocalist or mostly girls in the band.

For me my favorites are

Lunachicks
    Civet
    The donnas
    and fatwreck band Tilt (with Cindy on vocals !!!)

jaystone

Whoa, totally forgot about Tilt. Do they still make music or does Cinder just do the merch thing now?

I always enjoyed the Dance Hall Crashers and the Donnas and had a perhaps unhealthy obsession with Letters To Cleo.

pfilc

The Distillers, Go Betty Go, Tsunami Bomb, L7. There’s some other decent band “Mandy and the ?” or something like that…can’t remember

bob9746

what about this HC band with Candace Kucsulain on vocals walls of Jericho…

The Soviettes (Fat wreck)

old 80’s punk Vice Squad and X

The Horrorpops

The Distillers
    Cerce

Tilt is one of my all time favorite bands.
    Also like The Distillers, X, Horrorpops, The Lunachicks and Retching Red (another band with Cinder Block on vocals), TAT, Bikini Kill and some songs by Tsunami Bomb and Civet.

bob9746

TILT yes i got the chance to do a long interview with cinder back in 1999 they were opening for No use in Europe!!! if my memory is good

bobbyj2x4

If ya like TILT, check out City Mouse from Riverside, Ca. Kind of remind me of TILT. Misky is awesome and it seems like their always on tour so you should have a good chance to catch them.

Lipstick Homicide is pretty great. They’re like The Unlovables (another fine female-fronted pop punk group) if The Unlovables sounded more like Green Day.

Drea

I like the Distillers and Lipstick Homicide. For some reason I have a hard time getting into female fronted bands, maybe I just haven’t been listening to the right ones.

eyes set to kill

Johnny X

You guys should check out Sister Sin’s new album. It sounds like a metal influenced version of Titl.

joltman

I can’t believe no one mentioned the Avengers yet. Absolutely my favorite female fronted band of all-time.

pfilc

I forgot about The Muffs. She’s the female vocalist on NOFX’s Lori Meyers.

I’m 50/50 on the Avengers, some songs I love but others are nothing special. Penelope was a great vocalist but some of the songs bore me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Web Design - WordPress Development - WooCommerce Websites