Introductions!

Home Forums General Discussion Introductions!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • Author

Hey DyingScenesters! Welcome to the DyingScene forums. You’re obviously free to ignore this thread entirely, but if you’re looking to introduce yourself to other users instead of jumping head-first into a random topic then this is the place to be. Feel free to tell us as much or as little about you as you’d like.

And if you’re curious, we also have a Forum Rules thread too. It’s all mostly common sense stuff, so it’s not 100% necessary to check out but if you’re thinking about posting some racy or illegal things and you don’t check out the rules then you have no one to blame but yourself if you get in trouble.

[Forum Rules Thread TBA]

Anywho, let’s get this party started.

I’m Dustin. I’m a story editor here at DyingScene. I also write album reviews and the occasional live show review. I live in NY and when I’m not preoccupied with being a busybody punk rock personality on the Internet, I work as a dishwasher and food prep cook at a local restaurant. I also play guitar, daydream about being in The Loved Ones, and watch way too much TV (as of writing this, I’m currently working my way through the revived Doctor Who series).

All right, now it’s your turn!

Alright, I’ll jump on the bandwagon.

Hey, I’m Carson. I live in Moscow, ID and write reviews and editorials on DS. When I’m not writing, I’m a cook/supervisor at an irritatingly pseudo-hip fast food restaurant.

Favorite bands: Against Me!, Bad Religion, Bomb the Music Industry!, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Dag Nasty, and Hot Water Music.

Chris Ramone

My name is Chris. I’m 23 years old, will be turning 24 in April of next year and currently in college. I was born in Los Angeles, California and have been living in San Jose (same state) since I was approximately 12 or 13 years old. I’ve been a writer for DS since September 2011 and I gotta say that working here has been a super-awesome experience. I also post on Metal Riot as the same screen name (ChrisDude). When I’m not writing, I’m in college, I spend some time with my family or friends, etc.

If you wanna know my favorite bands, go to my user account and look under “radar bands” lol

bob9746

Hi, Jérôme aka Bob9746 since september 2011, I try to found punk news mostly on the net, cause i’m far away from punk shows…(on a french overseas island in the Indian Ocean) sometimes when i’m travelling i can do stuff live such as my sad interview of Joey Cape and Tony Sly this past summer in Montreal….I’m closed to 40 years old, back to the nineties, I was one of the co-former chief editor for a french paper fanzine “CAN GOD FILL TEETH?” #10 issues out (50 pages in DIY style), also co-presenter for the radio-program “PLUS DE BRUIT” and co-organizer of international punk shows for “THE YELLOW” former club in the south of FRANCE Toulouse…..for nearly 10 years around 1991 and 2000 during ‘the golden age of this scene’.
    After a robbery in my flat (all my CD’s were stolen mostly 500 !!!) i stop listening to the scene between 2003 to 2007 and then i buy A WILHELM SCREAM Career Suicide and i was like before i tried to listen stuff from my hiatus years and now I’m writting and find cool stuffs for DS …..
    I have interviewed (then translated into french) mostly in France (before or after their concerts in their tour buses, backstages, on phone…) more than 100 bands from successfull labels such as Epitaph/ Hellcat/Burning Heart, Fat Wreck Chords/Honest Don, Nitro Rds, Victory Rds, Hopeless Rds, Fearless Rds, Dr Strange …and to name a few one of my first was Casey of D.I in 1992, Greg and Brett from Bad Religion in 1993, Fat Mike and Smelly of NoFx in 1993, Mark and Tom of Blink 182 in 1995, Lou of Sick of It All in 1997, Bill of the Descendents in 1997, Fletcher of Pennywise in 1999, ….
    the rest is on my profil feel free to ask me about those experiences…

jaystone

A long time ago (1979) in a galaxy far, far away (New Hampshire)…I arrived.

After being raised on a steady diet of Springsteen and Seger and Mellencamp, and a very confusing time that produced an affinity for late ’80s R&B (Bell Biv Devoe, Bobby Brown, etc.), I was simultaneously introduced to the punk and alternative communities, thus they’ve always gone hand-in-hand for me. It’s been all downhill from there.

hayley

My name is Hayley. I arrived on this planet in December of 1990. After years of listening to nothing but teeny-bopper music plus whatever cds my parents had, I received one of the sorely missed Punk-O-Rama compilations for my birthday. From that day forward, my life was changed/ruined.

I live on the west coast (it’s always sunny in california.) I like cats, pizza, Seinfeld and poking people in the ribs. All my favorite bands are in the radar thingy.

Drea

Hello, I’m Drea. I was birthed in August 17 years ago. Growing up on classic rock and blues, I always wanted to find a genre of music that I could claim was my own. Then one day I discovered this concept of punk, and that began my love affair with music.

I’ve been a writer/ interviewer (occasionally) here at DS since May. I’m an east coaster and am currently studying music production and business. When not stalking music news on my laptop, I can most likely be found hiding out in the studio or sitting around listening to records. Not all of my favorite bands are in the radar, but that should give you a basic gist.

Chris Ramone

Wow, Drea, so you’re a month older than one of my younger sisters, she was born in September of ’95 and is also 17.

Drea

That’s pretty nifty, Chris. Yeah, I have a feeling I may be the youngest writer for DS.

Lauren Mills

My name is Lauren and I’m somewhat boring. I have Cereal Palsy, so I can’t drive. I don’t get out a whole lot, but love to go to shows when I can. I’m 21 years old and live in a tiny town in central Florida. It’s a very religious / conservative town, but I’m neither of those things. I don’t drink at all or do drugs, but couldn’t care less what others choose to do in that regard. I was born in the bay area, but my parents moved to Florida when I was three so that my Dad could work at Lockheed Martin. He’s originally from Holdrege, Nebraska He writes technical guides and does freelance graphic artwork on the side. I have one brother. His name is Jordan, he’s three and a half years older than I am and he lives in Omaha. My Mom is originally from Gastonia, North Carolina. Her side of the family is very religious. My cousin is in divinity school, studying to be a pastor. My Mom stays at home so she can take care of me and the house. My best friend moved away so I don’t have any friends except people I talk to online. That probably sounds lame. My online friend Jan sings and play guitar in a band called The Shell Corporation in Berkley, California. He’s awesome and his band is going to take over the world someday. My other closet friend online is Chris. He lives in Canada and does an awesome radio show on PunkRadioCast called The Grind.

I met Dave through a mutual Canadian punk rock graphic artist / writer friend, Taron. I’m really glad I joined DS. Everyone here is super nice and talented. Dave’s cool, Jay’s probably one of the funniest people I know, Connor smart and funny, Hayley and Brittles are amazing and Dylan’s dedicated. I know I’m missing a bunch of people, but rest assured you’re awesome too.

I love music more than anything else in the world. I love punk rock and have been writing for Dying Scene since 2010. I mostly love old school punk rock, 80’s / 90’s hardcore, 80’s thrash metal and 90’s skatepunk. I go to community college, get good grades and love to make people laugh. I’m not very good at introductions, but I guess that will do. I suppose I’ll also list my favorite things because I’m uncreative and this is the best I can do. I talk too much. My bad.

Favorite bands – Sick of it All. Bad Religion, Bigwig, Propagandhi, Lagwagon, The Gamits. Snapcase, Strung Out, The Flatliners, Suicidal Tendencies, Nirvana, Testament, Dead Kennedys, Cro-mags, Kill Your Idols, Grey Area, The Shell Corporation, The Damned, Jawbreaker, Osker, Satanic Surfers, Quicksand, 7Seconds, Minor Threat, Dag Nasty, Bouncing Souls, H2O, Ignite, A Wilhelm Scream, DC Fallout, Off With Their Heads, Such Gold, Up For Nothing, This is a Standoff, Avail, Good Riddance, Strike Anywhere, Alkaline Trio, Rise Against, Youth Brigade, Comeback Kid, Gorilla Biscuits, Buzzcocks, With Honor, Paint it Black, Kid Dynamite, Warzone, Strife, Raised Fist, Adolescents, The Bronx, Madball, Joy Division, The Clash, Social Distortion, The Generators, Agent Orange, etc.

Favorite TV shows – Wilfred, Breaking Bad, Homeland, The Ricky Gervais Show, Real Time with Bill Maher, The Wire, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Spaced, Dexter, Six Feet Under, House, X-files, The Killing, Batman; The animated series, Batman Beyond, South Park, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Riches, In Treatment, Arrested Development, Bored to Death, Metal Evolution, An Idiot Abroad, The Inbetweeners, King of the Hill, Futurama, etc.

Favorite movies – Kickass, SLC Punk, Another State of Mind, One Nine Nine Four, American: The Bill Hicks Story, Requiem For A Dream, Crash, Citizen Kane, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Iron Giant, Donnie Darko, Ghost World, The Professional, Office Space, Shaun of the Dead, etc.

Favorite sports teams – 49ers, Buccaneers, Tarheels, Carolina Panthers, Nebraska Huskers,

jaystone

September of 1995, Drea? Seriously? I’m almost literally twice your age. WTF…

Lauren Mills

I’m sure Dylan will have something to say about that.

Drea

Actually, it’s August. And that’s true, isn’t Dylan my age?

jaystone

I got my driver’s license in September of 1995.

bob9746

Who is the elder DS scenester person on the site …i got my driver’s license since January 1993 !!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Web Design - WordPress Development - WooCommerce Websites