Introductions!

Home Forums General Discussion Introductions!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    jaystone

Bob/Jerome…I think you win. Dave and I are both 33, so I think you’re the elder statesman!

bob9746

Ok, elder DS scenester : it’s a fact !!!!!

Johnny X

Jay is a father though so he SEEMS much older. I have a goldfish.

bob9746

I’m a father too of a six years old boy and i don’t have any pets !!!

pfilc

Hello, I’m Phil and live in Oregon. I was born in ’74 in SoCal, but raised in Denver. My brother who is 4 years older got me into punk at a pretty early age. I remember skating in the driveway listening to black flag and circle jerks in ’83-’84 or so and I’ve listened ever since.

I’m a fan of all punk genres, from pop to hardcore, gravelcore to cowpunk. I work as a CAD manager at an engineering firm and teach CAD part-time at the local community college. I live in a fairly small town now, so it’s a bit of a drive to the city for shows, but my bro and I try to as often as life allows.

I’m a frequent visitor/reader of DS (maybe obsessively so lol). Seriously, I’ve discovered so many of my current favorite bands here: A Dying Regime, Does it Matter, Banner Pilot, Shell Corporation, Dead to Me, Yankee Brutal.

I’m Shelly and I’m from St Louis. I love all types of music but I have a special place in my heart for punk. I play drums, guitar, bass, and a little piano. I’m currently looking for a band to join.

disruptor

I’m Shonny. I creep around Detroit. My soft spot is for first gen CBGBs to London history, but my taste goes all over he place. In Detroit, the scene is largely styled around early 80s hardcore, although there’s a new crop of great young bands that seem to be breaking that mold. 36 years old. Usually have a new local band in my queue, but the old standbys of the Ramones, Rancid (and the various side projects,) and Frank Turner always seem to find their way back. Second tier? Dropkick Murphys, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Flogging Molly, Misfits…

Outside of Punk I’m a Clutch guy, and have been listening to a ton of Tom Waits.

Hey all, I’m Liza. I’m 29 and I live in Brooklyn. A few of my favorite bands are the Bouncing Souls, Rancid, Star Fucking Hipsters, Anti-Flag, The Clash, Have Nots, The Thermals, Against Me, Old Man Markley, Candy Hearts, the Coathangers, Bikini Kill, etc. I like some non-punk stuff too like They Might Be Giants, Azealia Banks, Jay-Z, Sleigh Bells, Best Coast, and some other things that would completely destroy what little punk cred I can still cling to. When I’m not kicking ass and taking names at DS I’m at school on Long Island where I just started a doctorate in information studies. I also work in the library on campus sometimes. Um…and I knit and cross-stitch and some other crafty crap.

Since apparently this is a point of discussion now: I got my driver’s license in 2000.

Oh and Dustin I love Doctor Who. I may or may not have made my dog a TARDIS costume for Halloween last year.

jaystone

I only brought up the driver’s license thing because I’ve been legally operating a motor vehicle for the entire duration of a few of our editors lives and that makes me sad. *puts on an old Dashboard Confessional record*

I feel old when I realize people aren’t old enough to remember a world where Cobain was alive.

jaystone

Yes! It’s a surreal thing to have to explain the early 90s music scene (particular the Nirvana v. Pearl Jam bit) to people.

w.g.hanna

Name is Wes. I’m 35, a lawyer, a dad to two girls. I live in the Philadelphia/ New Jersey area. I help the victims of lifes little rip offs turn the tables on the shady merchants of the world through class action lawsuits. I also help the victims of debt collector harrassment. I dabble in first amendment law. I’m a linux fanboy. I play guitar and percussion. I write songs here and there, and like to get fucked up and rock out with people. I try to inject a little anarchism into my song writing, my parenting, and my practice of law. If you’re ever in my area, I’d try to find a way to fit in a jam session. I’m sloppy but flexible and persistent!

Hey, I’m Mitch and am 32 and a half 😉
    My favourite bands include Goldfinger, NOFX, Bad Religion, Biffy Clyro, Alkaline Trio and so on.
    I’m based in Scotland and run my own wee label which is fun 🙂

Oh and I got my drivers license in 1997, old but not the oldest 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Web Design - WordPress Development - WooCommerce Websites