Introductions!

Home Forums General Discussion Introductions!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Punk1234

Hi everyone my name is Kristen from Long Island and I’m writing a report of punk music being a subculture. I would like to know how you feel about punk music. Do you guys feel that you are a subculture? Let me know in the thread I just made “Punk Music? Why?” under general discussion. Thanks so much and I enjoy discussing punk music with you guys!

dustin, carson, chris? sounds like a hall of fame from punkbands.com

tell me its true

bob9746

yes, that’s the one

turdferguson

Hey all, I’m Josh.I live in Struthers, Oh and I’m 32. Got into to punk in about 1995. My favorite thing about this scene is still going to shows. I don’t get to go out to as many shows as i did but still try to make it out once in while. Some of my favorite bands are: Avail, Strung out, Face to Face, Off With Their Heads, The Bouncing Souls, The Menzingers, Dillinger four, KId Dynamite, Ignite, Implants, The Darlings, Pennywise, Swingin’ Utters, Woorship this!, The Loved Ones…..and many more.

Welcome to the forum, Josh! Looks like we’re into a lot of the same bands 🙂

Hello everyone, My name is Tony, what introduced me to the punk rock scene was skateboarding. When warped tour 98′ came to my area I wanted to go see the pro skaters ( that was back when skateboarding was big to the festival) plus go see some live music. There I was introduced to Bad Religion, NOFX, Unwritten Law, Voodoo Glow Skulls, NUFAN, and many, many other punk rock bands. I just liked the whole experience, every band had there own tent and you can go walk up there and chat with them after their sets. It was very personal and everyone was nice. Before I left the show with a friend and my parents(I was 13 or so at the time), I came across a couple of cheap compilations. It was buy 2 for 5 bucks, and those were Survival of the Fattest and Physical Fatness. Boom! I was hooked on the Indy punk rock scene. Since then I started my own punk rock band and have had a true love for all punk rock and styles.

bob9746

Welcome to DS Tony a true lover for all punk rock and styles……same as all of us here i think

hello hello! my name is elaina marie and i’m from chicago. i’ve been big into punk music for a long time and was super stoked to stumble across this site. I’ve recently gotten into hardcore music, so any recommendations as to what I should hear are welcome. some of my favorite groups in general are the contortionist, knuckle puck, being as an ocean, dead kennedys, descendents, blah blah blah. Can’t wait to get to know you guys!

bob9746

Welcome here to DS, Chicago (never been there) but it means for me a the city of HUDGE scene

BANDS like 88 Fingers Louie, The Lawrence Arms, The Bollweevils, Los Crudos, Naked Raygun, Rise Against, Screeching Weasel, Pegboy, Ministry, The Riverdales, Articles of Faith
    LABELS such as Red Scare Industries, Touch and Go, Victory records
    VENUES aka Fireside Bowl,
    and GUYS like Brendan Kelly, Al Jourgensen, Dan Vapid, Mass Giorgini, Steve Albini, Tony Brummel

Here the site for me is talking about different shapes of punk rock music and most of the contributors are open-minded about music : it brings something special from short topics about new albums, tours, Fullset shows (my fav one cause i’m very far from the scene ….)

Welcome, new-ish people! Been a while since I’ve been on the forum (been busy with finals and DS stuff) but it’s good to see some new faces have arrived.

vdubowner

Hey folks, I think it’s about time I introduce myself, I recently noticed the existence of the Forum…sorry about the delay!

My name’s Bruno, I’m 31 years old and live near Montreal, Canada. I’ve started listening to punk rock somewhere back in the 90’s when I first bought Green Day’s Dookie album along with the Dookie T-shirt (which was later destroyed by some metal psycho-dudes in high-school)…I like about all kind/genre of punk music and I really enjoy attending live shows and discover new bands.

Some of my favorites:
    Lagwagon, Strung Out, Implants, Face To Face, Descendents, Good Riddance, NOFX, The Planet Smashers, Bad Religion…

What I’ve been listening to lately:
    The Surrogates
    Jason Cruz and Howl
    Ten Foot Pole…yeah I miss that band.

Some less important informations :
    I’m a married dad, an aircraft builder, a cheese curds addict and a pretty bad drummer.

That’s about it. Cheers.

TheMegumi

Hi everyone!

My name is Megan. I am from Los Angeles, California.I am a writer who doesn’t have a life beyond working, going to school full time, and working on a college newspaper. I do find time to go to shows though…I am seeing Chuck Ragan today actually 😀

I’ve been lurking around Dying Scene for awhile and figured why not join the community on here? I love music and I am constantly looking for new things to listen to and so far I’ve been really impressed with what I’ve been finding here.

Fun facts: I have an Alkaline Trio tattoo and I have seen them more than 15 times. I even saw the Lawrence Arms for the first time when they opened for trio many moons ago.
    -I chickened out badly when I was face to face with Brett Gurewitz and actually had the chance to talk to him,
    -I’ve been kicked in the face with a boot before.
    -I go to a lot of shows
    -You can make fun of me all you want but I am not ashamed of the music I love and the fact that I love to watch The Golden Girls.

I guess that is it for now.

andrew8387

Hey folks. My name’s Andrew. I grew up in Ohio, but I’ve been living in Philadelphia for the past couple years. I work two jobs both in non-profits working with young adults and doing stuff like organizing community service projects. Other than that I don’t do much besides listen to music and read.

Long story short, I listened to a lot of punk and such when I went to college, but hadn’t really experienced it until I moved to Philly. I grew up in a very very small town so the only punk I heard was on the radio or online if I found it. But I’ve grown to really appreciate the community and the values and the music. It’s generally refreshing and encouraging to find people and artist that actually care about things that to me important. Anyway that’s all. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Bruno, Megan, and Andrew!

And Bruno – thanks for submitting all the awesome news, dude. It’s much appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Web Design - WordPress Development - WooCommerce Websites