Introductions!

Home Forums General Discussion Introductions!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Phreakness

hey yall im nate. live in the middle of misery oppz mean Missouri.im 36 n yeah not much else like a very eclectic range of tunes and I guess that’s bout it.

Solak

I’m Joe, 38 yo. I was born and raised in NE Ohio but have lived in Rochester, MN for about 10 years. Former Marine, currently work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Grew up loving music but listened to mostly classic rock, rock, and metal. As I’ve gotten older I’ve branched out and started enjoying all kinds of music. Over the last decade I’ve listened to mostly punk, celtic rock/punk, acoustic, side projects and folk. I’ve really enjoyed learning about new bands and even older bands since I’m fairly new to the punk scene overall. Besides music, I love spending time with my wife and 3 small kids, anything to do with hockey, Ohio State football, craft beer, and have just started going to shows again in the Minneapolis/St.Paul area. Haven’t gone to many shows since I’ve been in MN but in the last several months have seen The Mahones and Flogging Molly and will be seeing The Menzingers/Cayetana/Lemuria/PUP next weekend.

Some of my favorites include: Dropkick Murphys, The Mahones, Flatfoot 56, Flogging Molly, Alkaline Trio, The Lawrence Arms, The Menzinges, Off With Their Heads, Banner Pilot, Red City Radio, Far From Finished, Sundowner, Frank Turner, The Gaslight Anthem, The Go Set, Dave Hause…..

Look forward to talking to all of you and discovering even more punk bands/music!

bob9746

welcome to the DS scenesters family….from all over the world ……but mostly North America…..

dannebac

I be dannebac, Im not sure anyone reads this, hello anyway, I like most kinds of punk and if Im being a dick its not cause I want to, its just cause I am one

I just read it, welcome dannebac! I’m a dick too 🙂

BarryClark

Barry here. Not much to say really. I play in Five O’Clock Devil in Atlanta on bass. I figured I’d sign up and see if I can find new bands to dig on. I am not much of a scene guy… not due to lack of interest. Just one of those odd fit sorts. So… I don’t try. haha. I can’t say there’s any particalar subgenre of punk that I am into over another. I just take it as it comes. If I dig it, I dig it and leave it at that.

Look forward to seeing what bands I haven’t yet come across.

Johnny X

Welcome, Barry! Love Five O’Clock Devil! I wanted to include “A Ride With The Devil” in my editors choice playlist feature but was disappointment to find that you guys aren’t on spotify. Also, you guys should really get on bandcamp.
    https://dyingscene.com/news/10-punk-songs-that-will-make-your-week-curated-by-dying-scene-founder-dave-buck/

BarryClark

Thanks a million Johhny X. Truly means a ton. They’ve gone through some serious turn over on bass lately and it was worked out that I would cover a few shows for them so they don’t stagnate. I was already a fan of their and known Jeremy since high school… so… we figured why not make this permanent? It was working. So… bingo. 3 new songs are done and a fourth is starting. We are aiming for a full length next year.

I will talk with Jeremy and Jay about Spotify.

Here’s the Bandcamp page: http://fiveoclockdevil.bandcamp.com/releases

Thanks again, man! It’s definitely fun stuff to play.

edwardkobane

hi, I’m from Chicago and am here to find new band members.

Frankie Wood

Hi, I live in Ontario, Canada. I’m in an art college, really big on illustration but I might just try out getting an apprenticeship and being a tattoo Artist. I play guitar and do vocals for a band called Dimwits. We play shows in Hamilton and St Catherines mostly, havent gotten ourselves out that far from where we grew up. But we are working on our second EP and in the meantime also making little demo session volumes to put online.

bob9746

welcome to the DS scenesters family old and youngers punk affiliates from quite all over the world (mostly Northern America and Europe but….far away for myself)

kaiserbock

Hi, my name is Daniel and I’m from Brazil.
    I also play the bass in a punk rock band called The Bombers.
    I use to read DS for a long time and now I decided to be part of the forums.
    English is not my mother tongue, so excuse any errors on my part.
    I think that´s it.

bob9746

welcom south america it’s nice to see that DS is read by worlwide people…i’m also in the south hemisphere indian ocean (south west). The bombers what kind of punk rock ?

kaiserbock

Hi bob9746.
    Our sound is heavily influenced by 90’s punk rock. Bands like Rancid, The Slackers, Social Distortion and Bouncing Souls. David Hillyard from The Slackers record a track called “Let The River Flow” on our last album. But I like to think we put our own flavor in it too. You can check it out at the links below. Thanks for asking man.

Spotify: http://tinyurl.com/Bom-All-spotify
    Bandcamp: http://tinyurl.com/Bom-All-Bandcamp

kaiserbock

Hi bob9746.

Our sound is heavily influenced by 90’s punk rock. Bands like Rancid, The Slackers, Social Distortion and Bouncing Souls. David Hillyard from The Slackers record a track called “Let The River Flow” on our last album. But I like to think we put our own flavor in it too. You can check it out at the links below.

Spotify: http://tinyurl.com/Bom-All-spotify
    Bandcamp: http://tinyurl.com/Bom-All-Bandcamp

Thanks for asking man.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Web Design - WordPress Development - WooCommerce Websites