Non-Punk Bands You’re Not Ashamed to Love

Home Forums Bands Non-Punk Bands You’re Not Ashamed to Love

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Drea

Styx. A lot of people give them shit, but something definitely has to be said for the complexity of the composition of their songs.

Alice Cooper
    Ice-T
    The Cure
    David Bowie
    The Smiths/Morrissey
    Neil Young
    Nirvana
    Outkast
    Pearl Jam
    Pixies
    R.E.M.
    Tech N9ne
    They Might Be Giants
    (just to name a few more)

chilli311

There are a lot, but the newest non-punk band that I can’t get enough of right now is CHVRCHES. I have no idea why since I usually hit electro-pop, but there’s something about them.

alansoGDAC

Kesha, Millionaires, any fun, female pop really. Nu metal. All of the pop punk bands. Any band with breakdowns…

adenner

Recently can’t stop listening to this UK rapper Itch. Adam Lazzara from Taking Back Sunday sings the chorus on his song “Homeless Romantic”, so there’s a little bit of punk cred haha

MikeAD

I’ve got a pretty big guilty pleasure for the Headstones.

connor_maoil

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Tool, and Rush, to name just a few.

vxj154

The Used, Taking Back Sunday, Evanescence, Good Charlotte, Jeff Buckley, Billy Talent and loads others. I like a lot of pop/rock bands.

Just got into him recently but Kurt Baker is pretty good. Power-pop w/ a little feel-good pop punk… give his new album a listen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlrN7Wi7zWo

Deathknowsme

Vampire Weekend, Tom Petty, Brett Dennen, Queen, and 90% of the bands mentioned in all the previous comments. Awesome group of people here with a fantastic taste in music. Killer, killer.

Dave De Niro

Bright Eyes
    Pantera
    Nirvana (basically punk anyway)
    Deftones
    Johnny Cash (who doesn’t)
    the sharks (early 80s neo-rockobily band)
    Rusty and the Dragstrip Trio (rockabilly band)
    The Smiths
    Metallica

I’ve been playing the new Grand Theft Auto a lot lately that band Wavves wrote / recorded a song exclusively for the game… it’s surprisingly good and that’s coming from someone who listens exclusively to punk and ska!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Web Design - WordPress Development - WooCommerce Websites