What bands are you ashamed to admit you do NOT like?

Home Forums Bands What bands are you ashamed to admit you do NOT like?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Johnny X

Stealing Connor’s idea here but its sometimes equally embarrassing to admit you don’t like a particular band. For example, I’m just gonna say it – I’m not really a fan of older punk bands like Sex Pistols and the Clash. Sacrilegious, I know.

Remind me to call the Punk Police, you’re getting your punk card revoked.

I’m not really ashamed of any of my dislikes but there’s a couple of bands out there that I know are popular in the community that I’m not really into. Gaslight Anthem has become one of them, I’m so fucking tired of their shtick. Propagandhi also rubs me the wrong way a little bit too.

There are a lot of the old bands that are supposed to be classic like The Vandals, D.I., Dag Nasty, etc that I never could get into, also I’ve never liked Screeching Weasel. But the ones that I should be ashamed of are Hot Water Music and Lagwagon. It’s not that I hate either band, more that neither has done any music that really grabbed my attention.

Drea

I never could really get into Reel Big Fish. But I’ll just go right out and say it, I’m not a huge Bad Religion fan. I never was super into their music and the Dissent Of Man just left a bad taste in my mouth.

connor_maoil

I’ve always been ehhhhhh about Propaghandi and Lagwagon. For the longest time I THOUGHT I didn’t like Bouncing Souls…but then I did a 180 on that one.

I used to listen to a lot of Rancid back in high school, but now I just don’t find them that interesting anymore. And not just their new albums, I don’t even really care for And Out Come the Wolves or Life Won’t Wait.

That goes for most 90’s Epi-Fat actually. But Rancid is the only one that I really don’t have the patience for.

jaystone

This thread is making me sad. Very, very sad.

connor_maoil

OH AND SOCIAL DISTORTION.

jaystone

Still sad, but Connor is right. Social D is better in theory than in practice.

Drea

I completely agree with the Social Distortion.

No one really seems to be all that ashamed about disliking Social Distortion.

Given that I was raised in NYC, I always felt like I should be a huge fan of NYHC bands but I’m not at all. The songs all sound the same to me (a common complaint about almost any punk subgenre, I admit), and the scene itself just seemed to be filled with overly macho tough guys.

Lauren Mills

I don’t like Sex Pistols, Gaslight Anthem. Mixtapes are kind of obnoxious. I’m not a big fan of the Menzingers. Screeching Weasel was better when they were called the Ramones. Most of these “defend pop punk bands are terrible. There’s also too many bands trying to be Hot Water Music. Touché Amoré: sounds terrible. Against Me is good, but over rated. I respect The Misfits, but never really got into them. I know they are hugely influential, but I’m not really into horror punk. NOFX are hit or miss to me. I don’t like Sublime or really reggae influenced punk bands besides Authority Zero. Rancid is a little repetitive and most street punk bands are so fake. I’m sure I missed something.

disruptor

“Social D is betterin theory than in practice.” Interesting point. The songs I like, I love, but you may be on to something there.

NOFX. No disrespect, but I just can’t do it. Despite all of the great things they’ve done for the movement, the vocals make me tune right out.

Fakeproject

Ugh Not Available

Not really ashamed, but I’ve never liked Hot Water Music, Lagwagon, The Dead Kennedys, The Menzingers, The Weakerthans, and any Bad Religion after Stranger Than Fiction. They’re turning into another Pennywise (they’re on this list too) where every song sounds the same.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Web Design - WordPress Development - WooCommerce Websites