As shameful as it is, some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
1. Agent Orange was robbed at gunpoint after playing a show in Hamtramck, MI. Which is a place very much near Detroit, but not actually Detroit. Everybody please stop yelling.
2. NOFX’s Fat Mike is selling one of his organs. Wurlitzer, not internal.
3. The jury in the trial against former Lostprophets frontman Ian Watkins may need counseling after having to listen to all of the horrible, disgusting things he did.
4. November 9 is Bad Religion Day. Now, I know that makes them sound like a bunch of egotistical dicks, but it’s actually a way to raise money for Doctors Without Borders.
5. Social Distortion covered Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Up Around the Bend.” Do you guys even know who CCR is? Of course you don’t, you’re all, like, 15.
6. Remember +44? They were one of the (many) bands spawned from the breakup of Blink 182. Well, they still might make music someday.
7. Touche Amore’s van was broken into within the city limits of Detroit.
8. Blink 182 are kicking up rumors about them going on a 10-year anniversary tour for Untitled.
9. You can now stream the whole Red City Radio album, Titles. I still think it’s just tolerable.
10. Here is a video of Frank Turner performing an acoustic version of “Wherefore Art Thou Gene Simmons” in Las Vegas.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments. If you just can’t get enough of us, follow Dying Scene on Twitter, kick it with us on Facebook and join the Dying Scene mailing list.