New Orleans hardcore punk act, PEARS, have welcomed their new bassist, Atlanta native John Komar. Komar has been playing with the band as a “trial run” for the past 5 weeks, as explained in the band’s Facebook post announcing the change:
10 Fun Facts about John Komar:
1. He’s from Atlanta.
2. He lived in New Orleans for a while.
3. He’s the same height as the rest of the band (short).
4. The Atlanta Falcons are not as good as the New Orleans Saints.
5. Fuck the Falcons.
6. Famous rapper turned country-wannabe, Nelly, is from Hotlanta–a part of Atlanta where John has never taken us, even though we used to stay at his house all the time when we played there.
7. He spent 4 days of the last tour with his pubes showing because the button on his pants broke.
8. He can drink beer all day and night without eating and never get drunk.
9. We charge a $30 submission fee to try out for PEARS, which he never paid, so he owes us 30 bucks.
10. We love him like a milkshake.
Bonus fun fact: Jarret still owes us 30 bucks from when we had him try out.
PEARS released their debut album, Go to Prison, on June 24, 2014 and re-released it this past July through Fat Wreck Chords. They are currently working on their sophomore record.
Add PEARS to My Radar