Everybody in the punk scene knows who Joey Cape is. Whether you are a huge fan of Lagwagon, or prefer his acoustic stuff, you probably know a decent amount about this charismatic frontman. To test the extent of your knowledge, we thought it would be fun to put together a list of 10 things most people probably don’t know about the Capester.
Test your knowledge here.
1. Joey Cape’s first name is actually Randal.
2. He created the now defunct record label “My Records”, launching it with the release of Nerf Herder’s first album.
3. Along with every Lagwagon album, he has also produced records by the Ataris, Ridel High, and Nerf Herder.
4. His least favorite Lagwagon album is “I Think My Older Brother Used To Listen To Lagwagon”.
5. He actually started out as a metal head in the 70′s. He got into punk after somebody gave him a Ramones album.
6. He spent three years majoring in English Literature and Psychology before quitting to pursue music full-time.
7. His favorite release off Fat Wreck is “Cognicide” by Western Addiction.
8. His daughter, Violet, can be heard on the recording of “Canoe” and “It’s Always Sunny”.
9. Growing up Joey’s mom was often late picking him and his brother up from school. She drove a station wagon which his brother dubbed the “lagwagon.”
10. Prior to the formation of Me First And The Gimme Gimmes Joey and longtime friend Chris Shiflett had an idea to do punk covers of a bunch of Barry Manilow and John Denver songs. When the mentioned it to Fat Mike he said he had a similar idea and the Gimmes were born.Add Lagwagon to My Radar