Everybody in the punk scene knows who Tim Armstrong is. From Operation Ivy to Rancid to Transplants to an endless amount of solo music and all the projects in between its hard not to acquire a fair amount of trivial knowledge about the punk icon simply through osmosis. To test the extent of your knowledge we thought it would be fun to put together a list of 10 things most people probably don’t know about Tim.
Test your knowledge here.
1. In his Operation Ivy days he was known as “Lint”.
2. He met Rancid bassist, Matt Freeman, at the age of 6 in Little League.
3. Rancid was formed as Matt Freeman’s idea of keeping Tim clean.
4. Tim was one of the founding members of Dance Hall Crashers.
5. It is rumored that Madonna sent Tim Armstrong nude pictures in an attempt to sign Rancid to her label Maverick Records.
6. Before Operation Ivy Tim and Matt Freeman were in a punk band called Basic Radio.
7. Armstrong contributed guest vocals on Bad Religion’s song “Television”.
8. He met his ex-eife Brody Dalle at a festival in Australia. He wound up asking her to come to the United States with him when she was only 17.
9. He produced AFI’s first album “Answer That And Stay Fashionable”.
10. Tim co-wrote 8 songs for P!nk’s album “Try This”.
How many of these did you already know? If you’ve got your own juicy piece of trivia enlighten your fellow readers and leave it in the comments.
Add Rancid to My Radar