First Lady Michelle Obama is said to be releasing a hip-hop album with several notable artists including blink 182 and Transplants drummer Travis Barker, Reverend Run of RUN DMC, Doug E. Fresh, American Idol winner Jordin Sparks, Ashanti and Matisyahu. The album is being put together by “Partnership for a Healthier America” and “Hip Hop Public Health”, and it aims to help Americans live a healthier lifestyle with nutritious foods and exercise. Mrs. Obama will not be featured on the album itself, but she will however be making appearances in the music videos.
A release date for the album has not been given yet, but it is said to be distributed amongst schools in America after it is finished.
Click here to check out the full tracklist of the album.
1. Everybody (ft. Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc)
2. U R What You Eat (feat. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker))
3. Let’s Move (ft. Doug E Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD)
4. Just Believe (ft. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins)
5. Veggie Luv (ft. Monifah and J Rome)
6. Hip Hop FEET (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds) (ft. DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkins)
7. Stronger (ft. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, Nils Lofgren)
8. Give Myself a Try (ft. Ryan Beatty)
9. Jump Up (It’s a Good Day) Let’s Move version (ft. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
10. Hip Hop LEAN (ft. Artie Green)
11. Pass the Rock (ft. Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. Good Living (ft. Ashton Jones)
13. Beautiful (ft. Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. Change the Game (ft. The Happiness Club and Naledge)
15. Wanna Jump (Let’s Move) (ft. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub)
16. Mother May I? (ft. Amelia Robinson)
17. We Like Vegetables (ft. Los Barkers!)
18. Get Up Sit Up (ft. Ian James and Ricky Baitz)
19. One Step Forward (ft. Samite)
Add Travis Barker to My Radar