During a show last night (March 27) at The Chain Reaction in Anaheim, CA., New Found Glory guitarist Chad Gilbert collapsed on stage after receiving an electric shock from his microphone.
According to fan reports, Gilbert was rushed offstage and the band played a shortened version of the rest of the set without him. No official statement regarding the incident, or Gilbert’s current status, has been released by the band.
New Found Glory was filming a live DVD at The Chain Reaction to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their album Sticks and Stones. No word yet on whether or not this will affect the DVD’s release.
UPDATE: It’s been revealed through a tweet by Chad himself that he has been released from the hospital and that the Doctors haven given him the thumbs up. Here’s what he had to say:
“Hey everyone. I just now got out of the hospital. They did tests all night on my heart & I’m all good. Thanks for your love & support!”
Looks like everyone can rest easy now.
Add New Found Glory to My Radar