As shameful as it is some of you readers don’t actually check Dying Scene every hour of every day. For you slackers we’ve put together a list of last week’s biggest stories to help you stay in the loop and maintain your punk cred. You’re welcome.
It’s a special St. Patrick’s day edition! We appreciate you taking the time from drinking green beer to read this. In order to help you achieve maximum inebriation, why not listen to a few songs from our list of punk drinking songs?
1. Ken Casey of the Dropkick Murphys physically removed a nazi from one of their shows this week. DKM: Hatin’ nazis almost as much as they love the Spicy McHaggis Jig.
2. Ian Watkins of Lostprophets released a statement in response to his charges on sex crimes. Stay tuned where next we’re filming Law & Order: Dying Scene.
3. Mike McColgan talked to Dying Scene about the return of the Street Dogs. Shortest hiatus ever.
4. Misconduct premiered their new single this week. Give it a listen and tell us what you think.
5. Jim Lindberg talked about his reunion with Pennywise.
6. Alkaline Trio streamed yet another song from their upcoming album. My Shame Is True better not disappoint.
7. Face to Face put out a new single - “Right As Rain.”
8. Suicidal Tendencies put out a video for “Cyco Style.” Which is off their first album in THIRTEEN years.
9. A bunch of washed up dudes from bands that broke up will write songs for you and long as you pay them. Because your band probably sucks.
10. Greasy Nichols butchered Against Me!’s “Baby, I’m An Anarchist.” No.
This week on Sacred Cow Saturday: Social Distortion’s Mommy’s Little Monster.
Those were just some of the most read stories from last week, but there were plenty more little gems covered. Let us know what what you loved, what you hated and what your personal favorite story was in the comments.